Treatments here are covered by major health insurers such as VHI, Irish Life Health, Laya Healthcare and the Garda Medical Aid.
Check your plan for the level of cover available to you.
Helen Peelo has been a Physical Therapist since 1996, now holding a Bachelor of Science Degree, a post-graduate certificate in MLD/CDT from the Vodder School Austria (2000), and a post-graduate certificate in advanced Lymphoedema treatment from the Földi Clinic Germany (2005).
Helen is an IAPT registered Physical Therapist and is also listed in the CORU register of Physiotherapists maintained by the Physiotherapists Registration Board in accordance with the Health and Social Care Professionals Act 2005.
Helen is a member of:
- The Irish Association of Physical Therapists (IAPT)
- Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists (ISCP)
- MLD Ireland
- MLD UK
- British Lymphology Society (BLS)
- Lymphoedema Ireland
- Arthritis Ireland
Helen has also taken many post-graduate courses, including:
- Diploma in Remedial Massage and Sports Injuries
- Certificate in Myofascial Sports Maintenance
- Certificate in Myofascial Therapy for Neck Pain
- Workshop in Chronic Fatigue (London)
- National Coaching Foundation (Coleraine) – Levels 1 and 2
- Pilates for Physical Therapists
- Fitting Orthotics
- Certificate in MLD/CDT (Vodder School, Austria)
- Kinesiotaping Overview
- Certificate in Advanced Lymphoedema Treatment (Foldi, Germany)
- Measuring courses for medical compression garments Juzo, Medi, Jobst, Elvarex, Jobskin
- Coping with Life-Threatening Illnesses
- Circaid compression system
- Cohesive bandaging
- Head and Neck Lymphoedema Managment
- Older Adult
- Vestibular Assessment and Rehabilitation